Welcome

Looks like this is where I'm gonna be putting my schoolwork over the year.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Field Assignment #2

18. Try something open source and describe your experience:

  The open source thing I tried was linux, and it didn't turn out very well at all. My friend came over to help me install because I thought he knew what he was doing. We made a new partition on my hard drive, told linux to "install alongside other operating systems", then when we clicked install we see the dialogue "Hard drive reformatting 1% complete.". So we instantly cut the power, but unfortuanately it killed off the bootloader so we had to wipe the hard drive and install it again. The moral is, don't try open source complicated things that have the chance to mess stuff up, because when you don't know what you're doing, it probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment