Welcome

Looks like this is where I'm gonna be putting my schoolwork over the year.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Field Assignment #6

  10. Use an old piece of technology

For this field assigment, I used my grandmas phone, which is a 2003 model nokia.
http://thenokiandtech.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/nokia6010.jpg

It's a bit old, and I really don't see how these phones were once popular and usable. The call quality is terrible. The texting is impossible. No internet whatsoever. The games are limited to pong and  some lame 2d platformer that literally has 6 pixels as a guy running around. The phone should be in a museum of ancient items, not used by my grandma. I don't even know what she uses it for! Never seen her hold it. Oh also the timer is terrible, it counts by .57 seconds, so the only thing you see is .57, 1.07, 1.57, etc. So that's that. Probably the only interesting thing I found on it are the ringtones. They all consist of sharp tones, but some of them were pretty interesting. Basically, it's really old and I have difficulty seeing how they were ever usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment