Welcome

Looks like this is where I'm gonna be putting my schoolwork over the year.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Field Assignment#4

Use a piece of open-source software and explain your experience

The piece of open source software that I decided to try was linux, specifically Ubuntu 11.10. The first thing I did was check which partitions were being used by windows, and which weren't, so that I knew which partition to install Ubuntu on. I loaded up the Ubuntu CD and got to the installation menu. I selected which partition to put it on, and I also put the boot loader on the same partition, so that Instead of using grub I could use easyBCD to boot up linux. I entered everything, and it started installing. After it installed, I went back on windows to configure easyBCD. After I got everything working, I rebooted my PC and started up linux. It was working fine, until I realized that my video card was too new and that linux didn't support the drivers for it. I then proceeded to wipe the partition with linux clean and reconfigure easyBCD for 1 operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment